Thursday, August 14, 2008

Phoenix Is Not A Bicycle Friendly City

So I was out on my bicycle earlier today (I ride a fixed-gear bicycle) and I once again noticed that Phoenix is not a bicycle friendly city. There is a severe lack of bike lanes and drivers seem to be ignorant of the fact that bicycles share the road with them. I was riding on a main street near where I live, and was nearly hit by a driver who ran a stop sign while turning right after looking directly at me and seeing me coming toward him! What the hell is that?! Is he so important that he can play games with another human being's life like that? And the funny thing is he made it to a red light a whole fifteen seconds before I did.
I rode up and stopped next to him and proceeded to give him a piece of my mind. He told me he did not see me and I said that was a load of crap because we made eye contact before he ran the stop sign. He continued to argue with me and as the light turned green he sped away yelling something about the streets are for cars and cars only. I guess ignorance is bliss afterall.

1 comment:

Jenello said...

The one and only thing I got from Leonard was my kick their ass attutude... He once kicked a car for going into the ike lane..you should try that next time. and if he gets mad that you kicked his car and he gets out kick him in the shin get on your bike and ride like the wind